Optical Assistant / optical dispenser
As an Optical Assistant or Optical Dispenser at our practices you will be the welcoming, friendly & helpful face of the practice. The role offers more than just a retail position as you have the opportunity to make a difference, through helping care for the eye health & vision of our patients.
Your enthusiasm and passion for Optics, as well as a good eye for style, will help you deliver exceptional customer service.
We are a dynamic, growing Independent Opticians based in Bristol; we strive to offer you a structured career path across our group, as well as a happy and fun working environment.
Since 1939 our practices have been built on a strong reputation for providing the highest standard of clinical care and personal service for our patients.
We offer our patients the best possible choice when it comes to glasses from designer brands such as Ray-Ban and Vanni to bespoke glasses from Tom Davies you will have the opportunity to assist patients not only seeing clearly but also feeling a million dollars in their new glasses.
The role requires assisting & inspiring the team to provide information to patients - working alongside the Optometrist & Dispensing Optician - to help patients select the best products and services; ensuring they see, look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
You will be kept up-to-date with all the various new lines and promotions within the practice, so that you can always provide patients with the most up-to-date information.
Lastly, you’ll play your part within the team, working together and helping and supporting colleagues to deliver a successful and profitable business.
Duties, Responsibilities & Attributes:
- Delivering excellent customer service and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
- Ensure in-practice display is fresh, clean and products are secured according to Company guidelines
- Accurately operate the till system and account for all transactions
- Attention to detail; reviewing prescriptions and identifying individual needs, consulting with your colleagues when necessary
- Assist with contact lenses & dispensing glasses
- Perform core administrative duties competently
- Computer savvy including the literacy and numeracy skills required of this position
- Previous experience in retail, customer service or optical preferred but not essential
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results
- Perform work accurately, thoroughly & meticulously
- Thorough product and services knowledge
- Strong communication & listening skills
- Show initiative and the ability to actively participate in, and encourage good team work
- A can do attitude and an interest in developing existing, and learning new skills
Bonus: discretionary, paid monthly based on team performance
Hours: up to 5 days per week over Monday - Saturday (no Sundays or Bank Holidays)
Holiday: 28 days including Bank Holidays (pro rata if part time)
This vacancy will close once the position(s) have been filled.
To apply please email your CV and say why you'd like to work with us; email@example.com
Welcome. This is the place we test our great new content before it goes fully live!